On Oct 8th TES VP and Partner Pedram Izadpanah participated as a panelist in the 2020 TAC Conference Closing Plenary The Journey to Safer Roads: Emerging Solutions.
The session was Moderated by / Modéré par Geoff Noxon, Director, Technical Programs, Transportation Association of Canada
The Closing Plenary featured practitioners in five areas of rapidly evolving road safety solutions: road design, driver behaviour, community collaboration, data and analytics, and the protection of vulnerable road users.
The panelists offered their insights into current directions and what the “next big thing” might be, followed by questions from the participants.
The featured panelists included:
- Kenedee Ludwar – Director, Traffic and Highway Safety Engineering, British Columbia Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
- Krista Tanaka – Program Manager, Road Safety and Traffic Investigations, City of Ottawa
- Zibby Petch – Associate and Manager, Active Transportation, IBI Group
- Pedram Izadpanah – Vice President, TES Solutions
- Shabnem Afzal – Manager, Road Safety and Vision Zero Lead, City of Surrey
For those registered participants of the 2020 TAC Conference who were unable to attend, the session recording is available through the TAC Learning Center.